Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Letter to Protagonist's mom

October 11, 2010

Dear mom,
                How are you? I hope that you are doing well. I dream about you and make me more miss you. I want to end it and go home as soon as possible
                I've been in the war for approximately 2 years now. At the beginning, i imagined how good a war would be like. I conceived the preliminary bombardment, everything I've heard from veterans and newspapers reports. I thought it would be great to get myself in a position holding big gun. I felt so excited.  But then, I imagined the frightful side of the battle. It made me change my mind. I know the real war is like hell. Now, i have learned who our enemies are. The lice, death, some of our officers and the explosions scare me a lot. I feel like dead so many times. I'm so tired. I want to take a rest, but it's impossible. I will be eaten alive by the lice if i fall asleep. I can see a lot of dead bodies. The rats are so bad. They fed on humans' bodies. That's why they are so fat, just like " TOMCAT" cartoon. In here, there's mud everywhere. The blood is so disgusting as well. I hate it but i can say nothing . At night, i sleep in a barn made of ancient f=gray straw. It is so vermin infested. I can still hear so many pests scraping and scurrying. i haven't had any decent meals for months. it makes me miss the meal that i want. But, i know it is impossible to have a really good meal in the war.
                Now, we are taking rest for a while. but it doesn't mean we are free, but we have a lot of works to do. We must organize our uniform.The barn is not good. It has a hole in the top. But, I am trying not to think about it. We relax and have party. Though it is a party , but my fear is still there. Well, i am enjoying myself now. Take care :)  Love you so much.

With Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment